We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time Women’s Encounter decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to Women’s Encounter, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of women.encounterthecross.com, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as an attendee or server to attend our event or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information etc. which may be used when you register to attend and/or to deliver the services you have requested.
- In addition, Women’s Encounter may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of, completed registration forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the experience you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our events and products;
- To send you informational or promotional emails containing information about future events we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use of Information Collected
Women’s Encounter does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Women’s Encounter may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure the best possible experience the event you plan to attend and requested. At times,we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other events and/or services that may be available to you from women.encounterthecross.com or High View Church.
Women’s Encounter may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future events that may be offered.
Disclosure of Information
Women’s Encounter may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide information about the events or services you have ordered;
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Women’s Encounter.
Women’s Encounter greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues,and/or changes in Women’s Encounter events and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 13
Women’s Encounter’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to [email protected] If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Women’s Encounter will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
High View Church takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only leaders who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or event registration) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Email: [email protected]
Telephone Number: 785-499-6315
PO Box 55
Alta Vista, Kansas 66834
Revised & Updated May 21, 2020